Abbaye is an ale yeast of Belgian origin selected for its ability to produce great
Belgian style beers including high gravity beers such as Dubbel, Trippel and Quad.
• Fermentation can be completed in 4 days above 17°C (63°F).
• Medium to high attenuation and high alcohol tolerance.
• Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation depend on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of wort.
• Low flocculation rate; settling can be promoted by cooling and by using fining agents and isinglass.
• Complex aroma and flavors may include peppery, fruity, banana, clovy, alcoholic, sweet and fruity. Does not display undesirable odors when properly handled.
11 gram package.