Briess Brewers Brown Rice Flakes:
- Contributes a light, clean, and crisp character to the finished beer.
- Usage up to 40%
- Produced specifically for brewing, developing characteristics necessary for easy and efficient use in a brewhouse.
- The process of gelatinizing makes the starches readily soluble and digestible by the naturally occurring enzymes in barley malt. This allows the flakes to be incorporated directly into the mash with other grains.
- Because flakes have a large surface area and are pre-cooked, they hydrate and disintegrate quickly. Filtration time will be normal.
- There is no need to mill Rice Flakes. However, they can be put through the mill if that is the easiest means of adding them to the mash.
- Use a slightly lower conversion temperature and extend the conversion time 15 minutes to obtain maximum efficiency.